unusual "relation xxx does not exist" problem

From: "Bill Eaton" <ee2(at)aeroantenna(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: unusual "relation xxx does not exist" problem
Date: 2006-06-28 16:02:04
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to migrate a database cluster from one server to another. So I
did a pg_dumpall, ported everything over, yada yada yada.

I have one particular schema in one particular database that is giving me
trouble. All names for tables, sequences, functions, etc. are lowercase. I
repeat: everything is lowercase.

I'm using pgadmin iii to look at everything and I continually get "relation
not found" errors with my "failurelog" table and other tables. I've tried
DROP CASCADEing the schema and database and then rebuilding one table at a
time, but it just is not working.

I've also done another experiment where I create a brand new table that
never existed. I still get "relation not found" errors on that table. The
only common thread seems to be the schema.

The name of the schema is
bar

"bar" is not a reserved word in PostgreSQL, according to the documentation.
Is there any corrupted information that might be stored in the templates
(template0 template1) that would account for this problem? Could it be a bug
in pgadmin?

Bill Eaton
Southern California