Re: VBA 6 crashes with WIN2K, Postgres 8.1, why ?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Campbell, Greg" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
Cc: linuxgps <linuxgps(at)invitel(dot)hu>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: VBA 6 crashes with WIN2K, Postgres 8.1, why ?
Date: 2006-01-08 11:01:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 7/1/06 01:25, "Campbell, Greg" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com> wrote:

> You can help me understand the utility of the adOpenDynamic. Both
> adOpenStatic, and adOpenDynamic allow
> moving through the recordset in multiple directions. With adOpenDynamic, other
> users changes are visible
> in your recordset, as opposed to the static which is more of a snapshot.
>
> Then there is the CursorLocation parameter (client-side or server-side).
>
> How does it work to use adOpenDynamic (for viability of updates from others),
> if the cursor is not
> server-side? If server-side cursor is the only way of getting the added value
> of adOpenDynamic, doesn't
> that mean an updateable cursor?

Bad post-midnight phrasing on my part I'm afraid :-(. AdOpenDynamic works in
the sense that it will not crash. It will be essentially the same as
adOpenStatic though as it won't see other user's changes. AdOpenDynamic
might be made to do so with real updateable server side cursors created WITH
HOLD I guess.

Regards, Dave