Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding tests for

From: "Ayush Parashar" <aparashar(at)greenplum(dot)com>
To: "PGSQL-Patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding tests for
Date: 2005-07-11 22:06:32
Lists: pgsql-patches

I sent this patch couple of days back. Looks like as patch size with the
files that needs to be added is nearly 550k, the email did not go through.

Resending only the patch. Please help me on how to send the new files that
needs to be added with this patch (the gzipped file size is about 500k).

Thanks,
Ayush

> On 7/8/05 10:19 AM, "Ayush Parashar" <aparashar(at)greenplum(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am new to this list.
>>
>> I have made some additions to multi-byte regression tests ( ./src/test/mb),
>> include regression tests for copy command. This can be used to test
>> multi-byte
>> extensions of postgresql and client character encoding, for copy command. The
>> test uses the following complete character sets: "big5 gbk uhc gb18030 euc_cn
>> latin8 euc_kr euc_jp".
>>
>> I have attached patch file "mbregress.patch" with the email.
>> Also, I have included two gzipped files,
>> src_test_mb_expected-unicode_utf8.tar.gz and src_test_mb_sql-charset.tar.gz.
>> These gzipped archives contain new files that needs to be added to multibyte
>> testing.
>>
>> src_test_mb_expected-unicode_utf8.tar.gz: Files in this archive need to go to
>> "src/test/mb/expected" directory, and
>> src_test_mb_sql-charset.tar.gz: Files in this archive need to go to
>> "src/test/mb/sql" directory.
>>
>> I have tested these extensions on latest code checked out through postgres,
>> on
>> Linux[RHEL GNU/Linux 2.6.10-1.741_FC3.rootsmp], Solaris[SunOS 5.10] and
>> Mac[Darwin Kernel Version 8.1.0].
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any feedback on this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ayush

Attachment Content-Type Size
mbregress.patch application/octet-stream 10.9 KB