Re: [Mac OS X] How to switch bool as char off

From: Andy Satori <dru(at)druware(dot)com>
To: <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>, PGSQL-ODBC <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Mac OS X] How to switch bool as char off
Date: 2005-03-17 13:09:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

You'll have to set the values in the ODBC configuration files. The iODBC
manager doesn't correctly handle calling configuration dialogs, and the
Gborg driver doesn't have a configuration dialog for OS X anyways. I hope
to fix that eventually as part of the work I'm doing 'Macifying' PostgreSQL
at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlformac/ but that still a long way
off as I have bigger fish to fry first.

Here is an example taken from my ODBC.ini in ~/Library/ODBC

[ODBC Data Sources]
CustomersMS = Actual SQL Server
CustomersPG = PostgreSQL 7

[CustomersPG]
Driver = /Library/PostgreSQL8/lib/psqlodbc.so
Database = development
Servername = localhost
Port = 5432
Username = postgres
Password = F00

[TrusteeSQLDB]
Driver = /Library/ODBC/Actual SQL Server.bundle/Contents/MacOS/atsqlsrv.so
Server = igor
Database = development

Hope this helps.

Andy Satori

On 3/17/05 5:48 AM, "lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de"
<lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de> pounded the keyboard to produce: