Re: driver beta release

From: Hunter Hillegas <lists(at)lastonepicked(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, Postgre JDBC List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: driver beta release
Date: 2004-11-09 16:25:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I dropped this new driver in and ran it with Jboss against my 7.4.5
server...

One of our legacy apps seems to have some 'suspicious' coding practices
going on... The keys in the DB are int4 but the app seems to use Strings
everywhere in JDBC...

The old driver sent along the string and it went into the query. The new
driver seems to be more sensitive to the correct types being used...

Retrofitting the old app will take some time and we'd like to start testing
8.0 and the new drivers now. Any way to ask the driver to revert to the old
behavior for certain applications?

Hunter