DTrace probes.

From: Theo Schlossnagle <jesus(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Theo Schlossnagle <jesus(at)omniti(dot)com>
Subject: DTrace probes.
Date: 2008-05-19 15:32:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Howdy,

I just saw Robert Lor's patch w.r.t. dtrace probes. It looks very
similar in what we've done. We run a nice set of probes in production
here that allow us to track the details of checkpointing and statement
execution. I've given a few presentations around these probes and
have had very positive feedback. They've been available for a while
now, but I never got around to sending them to the list:

https://labs.omniti.com/trac/project-dtrace/browser/trunk/postgresql/8.3.1.patch?format=txt

Documentation is in wiki format, but I'd be happy to convert it to
something else:

https://labs.omniti.com/trac/project-dtrace/wiki/Applications#PostgreSQL

Best regards,

Theo