Re: Tool for determining field usage of database tables

From: Andy Yoder <ayoder(at)airfacts(dot)com>
To: Allan Kamau <kamauallan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andy Yoder <ayoder(at)airfacts(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Tool for determining field usage of database tables
Date: 2010-02-25 19:56:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Allan for the input - I guess I didn't specify enough details. I am looking for some type of tool/report that is already done. We have nearly 1000 tables, over 300 functions to look at a little over a day to provide the answers (all without dropping any other tasks, of course). I had considered the trigger idea, and may end of doing it anyway and just working later, but thought I would check for a "ready-made" solution first.

Andy