Re: Indexing on JSONB field not working

From: Zhihong Zhang <zhihong(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Indexing on JSONB field not working
Date: 2020-01-03 15:29:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On Jan 3, 2020, at 8:54 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> You told us vociferously that ANALYZE was run after the index was created.

I did have that problem but can’t reproduce it right now. I am just trying to concentrate on the issues I can reproduce easily.

We have been dealing with the slow query issue for months. The first advice is always to run vacuum/analyze. That didn’t help. I think things changed when I accidentally restarted the server by applying some configuration changes. Now, bouncing the server always brings the stats back, without running ‘analyze’.

We had the same issue on another server. I made a snapshot of the database before I restarted the server. Anything I can capture to help nail the issue?

Thanks!

Zhihong