Re: proposal: custom variables management

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: proposal: custom variables management
Date: 2007-03-05 22:02:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>ISTM you are trying to do too much. We need to get the base functionality,
>as described by Tom in the thread I referred you to, working first. Extra
>stuff could be added later if necessary.
>
>cheers

I don't wont to build cathedral. Now is time for discussion, no? I am
collect any arguments. With "enhanced" custom variables we can fill modules
hole in plpgsql or any pl. With it security definer's procedures in any
languages can safety share values. I worked on large wramework designed for
plpgsql, and we had to store some temp values in temporary tables. Safe
custom variables can be solution. It's only idea, nothing more.

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Najdete si svou lasku a nove pratele na Match.com. http://www.msn.cz/