wait_seconds in pg_ctl

From: "muteki" <muteki_f(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: wait_seconds in pg_ctl
Date: 2004-05-04 04:08:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I would like to know is the wait_seconds inside the pg_ctl script changable?
If not, do you know what would happen if someone changed it from 60 sec to 7
sec? I found that my configuration has been changed by someone else in
order to shorten the shutdown wait time. But I am guessing there is some
fundamental reasoning for the default values (60sec) and would like to know
what's the side effect if this has been modified.

Thanks,

--muteki