pgAdmin pgScript and ampersand

From: Matthieu Pepin <matthieupepin(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin pgScript and ampersand
Date: 2012-04-22 23:19:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
I'm having a problem with pgAdmin and pgScript. If I do something like this:
CREATE TABLE testtable(description VARCHAR);SET @myvar = 'String with & ampersand';INSERT INTO testtable(description) VALUES('@myvar');
pgAdmin hangs when I run the script. The timer at the bottom right of the screen just keeps increasing and I can't even cancel the script. It is caused by the ampersand in @myvar. Is there something I can do to make it work or it's really a bug? I'm using pgAdmin 1.14.0 in OpenSUSE 12.1 Tumbleweed.
Thanks a lot!