application online upgrade strategy

From: lest mitsui <lestcdn(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: application online upgrade strategy
Date: 2007-05-23 16:55:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Does anyone have an idea on where to turn for
information/research papers on online application
upgrades? I am well-versed in offline upgrades, but I am now faced with customer requirements for transparent software upgrades of our application server/services -- and what possible solutions are there for software upgrades with co-requisite schema changes.