Question relating to database space and adding partition

From: "Karthikeyan Sundaram" <skarthi98(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question relating to database space and adding partition
Date: 2007-02-05 18:49:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

We are using postgres 8.0.1 on our production and 8.2 on our development.
The linuix partition is getting full where the database resides. In few
weeks our partition will ran out of space so the database will also run out
of space. We are added another partition of 300GB. Now my question is, how
will I point the database to the new partition along with the old one.

In oracle when we add a datafile, we can tell the location. I don't know
how to do this in postgres.

Can somebody help me?

Regards
skarthi