Help Required regarding implementing operators in postgreSQL

From: Tasneem Memon <tasneememon(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help Required regarding implementing operators in postgreSQL
Date: 2007-05-24 13:43:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Developers,
Hi, I am Tasneem Memon doing MS Computer Science. I am working on my thesis these days, for which I have defined some operators theoritically as well as their algorithms, and intend to implement them in PostgreSQL. These operators(NEAR, NOT NEAR) are binary and work with NUMBER and DATE data types. Now I need to implement support for them in the parser. But I haven't worked on the optimization of the operators. And also I am new to database systems programming, I am quite confused about what to do now and if I am going the right direction!Please Guide me what should I do next.With best regards,

Tasneem Ishaque Memon MS (Computer Science) Institute of Mathmetics and Computer Science University of Sindh, Jamshoro Pakistan http://www.geocities.com/tasneememon/- The process of gaining knowledge is not producing results but clearing away ignorance.
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx