New to Postgres

From: "Mike Nees" <jmnees(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New to Postgres
Date: 2006-08-12 00:06:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm new to PostgreSQL. I have a background as an Oracle PL/SQL programmer. I'm wondering if there's a comparable Postgres utility to Oracle's SQL*Loader? I have several large fixed record length files that I need to load into the Postgres db. Currently, I'm using the COPY command to load the data into temporary tables; I then parse the data and insert into a new table. I'm wondering if there is a better solution. Any help would be appreciated.J. Michael Nees jmnees(at)hotmail(dot)com
Try Live.com: where your online world comes together - with news, sports, weather, and much more.
http://www.live.com/getstarted