Re: PL/pgSQL Todo, better information in errcontext from plpgsql

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: jimn(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL Todo, better information in errcontext from plpgsql
Date: 2006-10-06 06:47:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>On Oct 5, 2006, at 9:30 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>With func oid I can get all other info later, without it, I need estimate
>>which functions are in stack track.
>
>Why do you need the OID to know exactly what function something is? What's
>wrong with schema.function(args)?
>--

oid is simply unique. I can take source code, args and all without parsing.
It's only one difference. I unlike parsing.

I don't think so regress tests needs showing errcontext now. Regress test
are in C and we can exactly set what we would show?

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Emotikony a pozadi programu MSN Messenger ozivi vasi konverzaci.
http://messenger.msn.cz/