Re: Sun acquires MySQL

From: "Martin Gainty" <mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "walterbyrd" <walterbyrd(at)iname(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sun acquires MySQL
Date: 2008-01-20 16:33:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Good Morning Walter

dont forget MySQL also has support for simple commands such as
show databases
show tables

support for compiling and execution of Procedures in Postgres is nonexistent
99% of SQL code in either Oracle and MySQL DB's are written in
Procedures..trying to port that to Postgres is a very long and tedious
uphill climb

Comments?
Martin