Re: Comments on subquery performance

From: "T- Bone" <jbowen333(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: dev(at)archonet(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comments on subquery performance
Date: 2005-02-18 18:24:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Richard and group,

Thanks for the alternative approach. The code is certainly cleaner and
easier to follow, but I do have a couple outer joins for fields #2 and #3
that could contain null values that are not captured in your example.

Also, I ran an 'explain query' and the performance differences were
negligable. Any further thoughts or should I just stick with what I have
and move on?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Jim