ODBC on Vista 64

From: Shoaib Naazir <je_shoaib(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC on Vista 64
Date: 2007-08-31 15:59:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
I have an application that uses ODBC to connect to PostgreSQL. I was planning to port it to my new Vista 64bit machine but was unable to install the PostgreSQL's ODBC driver. I tried to run the ODBC msi posted at the download site, i even tried the ODBC dll's zip present at the download site but to no avail.
Do i need to do something special to run the ODBC on Vista 64 or am i missing something.

Here are the problems i faced using the two above mentioned methods:
1. MSI:
The MSI installed successfully but i couldn't find the entries in the DSN dialog neither where there any entries in the registry [HKLM\Softwares\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI].
2. DLL:
I copied the 'psqlodbc35w.dll' and 'psqlodbc35a.dll' (and all the other Dlls in the zip file) into the \Windows\System32 folder and ran the 'psqlodbc.reg' file. The entries in the DSN dialog and registry did appear but when i try to select the entry in the DSN dialog i get the following error:
"The setup routines for the PostgreSQL ANSI ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 193"
closing this error dialog produces another stating
"Errors found: Could not load the setup or translator library"

As far as i googled on it. Error code: 193 is for corrupt files? What am i doing wrong??

Thanks.

Lid.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!!