How to install Soundex() on Windows 2000

From: "Maneet Singh" <maneet_khurana(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to install Soundex() on Windows 2000
Date: 2004-02-11 12:03:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I have recently installed postgreSQL ver 7.2.2 on my Windows 2000 system. My project's requirement is to have a fuzzy string matching (Soundex()). I checked the internet and downloaded a set of C library files. As per the documentation available, Ishould run the "Make" file to automatically host a procedure for the same in postgreSQL.

The library downloaded contains "GNUMakeFile". The documentation says that GNUMakeFile is a latest version and I should run the same. Upon running the same, nothing happens and I am not able to install the Soundex() function.

Please help.

Thank you in anticipation.
Maneet