NULL saves disk space?

From: Phoenix Kiula <phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: NULL saves disk space?
Date: 2011-04-27 16:24:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Possibly a dumb question but there isn't much about this.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=postgresql+null+value+disk+space

I have some BOOLEAN columns. 90% of the cases of the columns is FALSE. Do I
save disk space by having them as NULL instead of FALSE? So my application
would have conditional code for NULL and TRUE, instead of FALSE and TRUE.

Thanks...