Re: plpython module import errors

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il, mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com, Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net
Subject: Re: plpython module import errors
Date: 2011-04-28 16:27:23
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Now, I found that python version postresql is using is 2.6 and path to it is

"['/home/apy/rrun/build/activepython-svn-trunk/build/py2_6_4-linux-x86-apy26-rrun/CoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIx/lib/python26.zip',
'/home/apy/rrun/build/activepython-svn-trunk/build/py2_6_4-linux-x86-apy26-rrun/CoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIx/lib/python2.6/',
'/home/apy/rrun/build/activepython-svn-trunk/build/py2_6_4-linux-x86-apy26-rrun/CoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIx/lib/python2.6/plat-linux2',
'/home/apy/rrun/build/activepython-svn-trunk/build/py2_6_4-linux-x86-apy26-rrun/CoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIx/lib/python2.6/lib-tk',
'/home/apy/rrun/build/activepython-svn-trunk/build/py2_6_4-linux-x86-apy26-rrun/CoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIx/lib/python2.6/lib-old',
'/home/apy/rrun/build/activepython-svn-trunk/build/py2_6_4-linux-x86-apy26-rrun/CoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIxCoReAcTiVePyThOnPrEfIx/lib/lib-dynload']"

what this means? It seems that this path is of the python installation which
is used to compile default plpython.so.
If I will compile the source with python 2.7, and change the old plpython.so
with new, will my problem solved?
Thanks and regards,
CPKulkarni