Re: Mail list admin site down.

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mail list admin site down.
Date: 2011-04-19 06:02:25
Lists: pgsql-www

On Apr 19, 2011 12:04 AM, "Selena Deckelmann" <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 20:40, Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> wrote:
> >>

> >> I'm trying to moderate the pgsql-jdbc mailing list and it keeps timing
out
> >> on me...
> >>
> >> http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwadm
> >
> > Yeah, all hub.org hosted services were down - unfortunately, that
> > included this mailinglist :-) Unless you already got a response
> > directly from marc - things are back up and running since a couple of
> > hours, so you should be able to access that site fine now.
>
> Didn't we have a thread about creating a new mailing list that is not
> on hub.org infrastructure for reporting hub.org infrastructure
> problems? :)

We have such a list already, but it's for the admins only. I think having a
separate list for it for end users won't really help - it's not the best
medium. I was talking to Dave at the last outage about setting up a simple
"status blog" or such, completely independent. I think that would be a
better way to do it - comments?

/Magnus