Re: LDAP Authentication

From: teguh <taguah(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LDAP Authentication
Date: 2011-05-21 10:48:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

I did a test on Ubuntu 11.04, postgreql 9.0.4.1 - 32 bit installer, on non
LDAP authenticated desktop.

mi(at)mi-d525:/opt/PostgreSQL/9.0/bin$ ./pg_config --configure
'--with-libs=/usr/local/lib' '--with-includes=/usr/local/include'
'--prefix=/mnt/buildfarm/pginstaller/server/staging/linux' '--with-openssl'
'--with-perl' '--with-python' '--with-tcl'
'--with-tclconfig=/opt/ActiveTcl-8.5/lib' '--with-pam' '--with-krb5'
'--enable-thread-safety' '--with-libxml' '--with-ossp-uuid'
'--docdir=/mnt/buildfarm/pginstaller/server/staging/linux/doc/postgresql'
'--with-libxslt' '--with-libedit-preferred'

Looks like no --with-ldap option, but there is --with-openssl option. I will
trying with configure-make-install from source.

FYI, I use ds from Centos/Fedora.

From this documentation, I think the second method of LDAP authentication
will fit for my purpose.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/auth-methods.html