Re: Obfuscating links by message-id

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <kevin(dot)grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Obfuscating links by message-id
Date: 2011-05-31 18:31:44
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 20:02, Alvaro Herrera
> Excerpts from Kevin Grittner's message of mar may 31 13:16:43 -0400 2011:
>> When a post includes a link to a previous post using the message-id
>> format, it gets mangled.  See this post:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4DE4D407020000250003DF09@gw.wicourts.gov
>
> They are mangled when processed for web display; the original mboxes
> have them unmangled.  I tweaked (three times now) the code so that it
> would only mangle the email addresses, not message-id links, but
> evidently that's not working as well as it should.
>
>> BTW, posts seem to be taking a while to go through today.
>
> Yeah, noticed that as well.  Things in hub.org (including the box
> holding the mboxes from which we generate web archives) haven't had the
> best of their days, today.

It's better than yesterday.

Marc had some hardware issues, so I epxect the stuff he's been
migrating around simply doesn't have full capacity. He's sitll working
on it, so it'll hopefully be back to normal in not-too-long.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/