Re: Cube Index Size

From: Nick Raj <nickrajjain(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cube Index Size
Date: 2011-06-04 11:51:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2011/6/2 Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>

> Can we figure out some information about index i.e. whet is the height
>> of index tree, how many values are placed in one leaf node and one non
>> leaf level node?
>>

> http://www.sigaev.ru/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/gevel/

For improving space utilization, When node is splitted, then we have to
assign enteries to two groups. Once, one group is reached some threshod (m)
then, insert the remaining entries into another group.

Can you suggest some way to choose 'm' (beacuse cube store in form of NDBOX
that having variable length) or provide some guide with code?

Thanks