getting PSQLException Can't infer the SQL type to use with Native Query call

From: Steven Dahlin <pgdb(dot)sldahlin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getting PSQLException Can't infer the SQL type to use with Native Query call
Date: 2011-05-02 15:17:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

In trying to call a postgresql 8.4 stored function I am passing a
class as well as a List (I have to save a master record as well as the
detail records). This is being done with a native query using
EclipseLink 2.1. However, I am getting back a message for the first
item:

PSQLException: Can't infer the SQL type to use for an instance of
com.hwcs.veri.shared.dto.MyClass. Use setObject() with an explicit
Types value to specify the type to use.

I am calling the query setting up the parameter with:

query.setParameter( 1, myClass );

The receiving stored function has the following:

FUNCTION perform_schema.saveInfo( newrec boolean,
myClass <user defined type>,
myDtl <user defined type>[] )

I am unclear how to setup the pass fromm eclipselink to postgresql.
Does anyone have any suggestions or can point to docs which speak to
this specifically?

Thanks