Re: 9.2 branch and 9.1beta2 timing (was Re: InitProcGlobal cleanup)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.2 branch and 9.1beta2 timing (was Re: InitProcGlobal cleanup)
Date: 2011-06-02 21:04:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> I'll commit this to 9.2 after we branch.  (When are we doing that, BTW?)
>
> Sometime in the next two weeks I guess ;-).  At the PGCon meeting we
> said 1 June, but seeing that we still have a couple of open beta2 issues
> I'm not in a hurry.
>
> I think a reasonable plan would be to fix the currently known open
> issues, push out a beta2, and then branch.  That would avoid
> double-patching.  We'd want to get this done before the commitfest
> starts on the 15th, of course, so if we stick to usual release
> scheduling that would mean wrap next Thursday (June 9), beta2 announce
> on Monday the 13th, and make the branch somewhere around that date as
> well.
>
> Comments?

OK by me. It appears that the open items list is a bit stale:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.1_Open_Items

The first item listed there is, I believe, fixed. I'm not sure about
the second. You just volunteered to fix the third, and the fourth is
awaiting comments on -bugs. The larger problem is that there are
likely some other things that should be listed there, but aren't. If
anyone is aware of stuff we need to get done, please add it there...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company