Re: First part of Luis's project for GSoC2011

From: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First part of Luis's project for GSoC2011
Date: 2011-05-03 04:36:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi all, I'm very happy of having this second chance to finish my last gsoc
physical database modeler created at last gsoc in a professional way, for
people don't remember or know it, you can watch at youtube video with an old
version of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbXIuyTIpJ0

but this time the graphical framework is already done ( that part take me a
lot of time on last gsoc) and I think that framework is more powerful than
wxOGL and in a future it maybe be able to replace it in this project.

Right now I'm setting my development environment for gsoc and I want to
know if everything is fine.

> So, I think we need to start working on our current tree (master, which
> is right now 1.14 beta 1). Luis, could you extract a patch from what I
> did on https://github.com/gleu/pgadmin3/tree/ticket225 + your bug fix,
> and put that on a current head, and finally publish it on github? You'll
> be able to start working from that repository.

I'm going to describe all steps I have done to configure:

- I had a fork from pgadmin repo at github, and then I update my master
at fork with the forked master, then I create a new branch called gsoc2011.
- After that I add a gleu remote.
- Then, I fetch the new commits from gleu: git fetch gleu
- Later, I move to my branch and rebase
- git checkout gsoc2011
- git rebase gleu/ticket225

Now I think to use as my initial repository, and I'm going to fix all
conflicts and then try to compile it.

Guillame this can be my initial repo (before fix it)?

As Guillaume wrote, from now I'm going to report all my work on this list,
and I would appreciate any comment, suggestion or new ideas that anyone can
bring to my project. Later I'll publish my working schedule to make a clear
picture about what I'm going to do with my project.

Regards, Luis.