Re: DOMAINs and CASTs

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DOMAINs and CASTs
Date: 2011-05-17 04:29:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> we should probably try to agree on which
> of the various options you mention makes most sense.

well... my original patch only handle the simplest case, namely, try
to make the cast that the user wants and if none is defined fall to
the base types...

anything else will complicate things as you shown... actually, things
looks very simple until we start creating trees of domains...
what options look sane to you?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL