Wish: Edit/Show Bytea Fields with simplified logic

From: Durumdara <durumdara(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wish: Edit/Show Bytea Fields with simplified logic
Date: 2011-04-14 06:38:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dear Developers!

It would be better if we can use the Query/Editor grid as in Delphi DBGrid.

There is two states of the BLOB fields, first is empty (NULL), and the
second is [BLOB] (filled with something).
PGAdmin is very slow when I try to see a table with full of blobs, or
long "text" (memo) fields.
The Delphi kind solution is that we don't show the blob fields fully,
only the state, or they are text type, only a limited size (100 char)
with "...".

Some editor dialog is needed for edit blob (or memo) fields.
Most important functions are "SaveToFile", "LoadFromFile" and "Clear".

Memo (text with undefined size) fields are editable by a dialog with a
Memo control (TMemo, EditBox, I don't know what possible in the
source).

This is very basic function for better work with tables, edit long fields.

Thanks for your read!

Regards:
   dd