Re: Re: synchronous_commit and synchronous_replication Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: Re: synchronous_commit and synchronous_replication Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
Date: 2011-04-05 14:01:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

For what it's worth it seems to me this patch makrmes it at least
conceptually easier to add new modes like Simon plans, not harder. It's
worth making sure we pick names that still make sense when the new
functionality goes in of course.

The other question is whether it's "fair" that one kind of patch goes in and
not the other. Personally I feel changes to GUCs are the kind of thing we
most often want to do in alpha. Patches that change functionality require a
higher barrier and need to be fixing user complaints or bugs. My perception
was that Simon's patch was ggreenberg latter.
On Apr 5, 2011 12:52 PM, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> [...]
synchronous_commit.