Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <kevin(dot)grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Joe Abbate <jma(at)freedomcircle(dot)com>, Kim Bisgaard <kim+pg(at)alleroedderne(dot)adsl(dot)dk>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project
Date: 2011-06-01 08:53:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 10:43, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr> wrote:
>>>   http://archives.beccati.org/
>>>
>>> It uses AOX (http://aox.org/) and as such is baked by a PostgreSQL
>>> database.  The mails threading view is even a CTE.
>>
>> Yeah, it's great.  Last time I heard, though, Mateo wasn't open to doing
>> any more work on it (including fixing a bunch of bugs we found) until
>> the web migration to the Django stuff materialized.
>
> Yeah, given the amount of work that already went into this prototype, I
> guess I would have reacted about the same.  I'm not sure that's the only
> project stuck behind the new platform migration.  How can we help with
> this new infrastructure thing ?

Actually, given a new box deployed by stefan just two or three days
ago, the infrastructure side is ready.

What would help at this point would be if at least one oft he *many*
different people who promised to do some code review on the new
website code would, you know, actually do that. (git.postgresql.org,
project pgweb and pgweb-static for those interested) And of course,
code improvements, not just review, is also always welcome.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/