Re: pgadmin installation on Windows XP without administrator rights

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: bruc(at)acm(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin installation on Windows XP without administrator rights
Date: 2011-05-31 07:43:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Robert Bruccoleri
<bruc(at)stone(dot)congenomics(dot)com> wrote:
> I am working at a location where I would like to test connectivity to a
> Linux PostgreSQL database from Windows XP, and it was suggested to me that I
> try using pgAdmin for that purpose. Unfortunately, I've run into a problem
> -- pgAdmin will not install on the Windows system without an administrator
> password, and I do not have adminstrative rights.

What error message do you get exactly, and do you know where this
password prompt is coming from (some site-specific package perhaps)?
The pgAdmin installer doesn't ask for a password, and Windows XP
doesn't have privilege escalation in the UI.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company