Re: windows update screwed up PostgreSQL

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Frances Collier <fcollier(at)preparedresponse(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org List" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: windows update screwed up PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-06-16 00:14:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Jun 15, 2006, at 5:39 PM, Frances Collier wrote:

> I've checked my postgresql.conf and I have the following:
> listen_addresses = '*'
> port = 5432
>
> I'm stumped. I tried to uninstall the updates, but that didn't
> work. Can
> anyone give me an idea as to what happened and/or what I need to do?

If I recall correctly, an XP update I ran not too long ago killed
remote access to PostgreSQL. A change had to be made to the built-in
firewall to allow access to port 5432. I don't have Windows 2003, but
maybe try searching the help documentation related to "firewall" and
related things.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL