ignoring primary key violations in COPY command

From: <singh(dot)srajendra(at)wipro(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ignoring primary key violations in COPY command
Date: 2007-05-14 12:36:25
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

We are importing the data from the CSV file into the database using COPY
command. But when the 'primary key ' violation occurs , it stops

Then and there and data is not updated into the tables. Also in the CSV
file the number of columns is not fixed , its varies

In number , it can range anywhere between 1 -22, I need to figure out a
way such that I need to update only those columns which are present

In the CSV file . This of course I would like to accomplish using COPY
command , Please let me know if at all this is possible in postgresql
8.1

Thanks and regards,

Rajendra Singh

Wipro Technologies

Plot No. 72, Hosur Main road

Keonics Electronics City

Bangalore- 560100, INDIA

I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they
wanted cash

and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

www.wipro.com