Re: 7.3b3 on MacOSX 10.2.1

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.3b3 on MacOSX 10.2.1
Date: 2002-10-30 09:25:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 29/10/02 6:02 pm, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk> writes:
>> Just to update the list of supported platforms, 7.3b3 compiles and passes
>> all the regression tests on MacOSX 10.2.1
>
>> Although don't know if this is relevant but this appears when running the
>> tests:
>
>> parallel group (20 tests): ./pg_regress: fork: Resource temporarily
>> unavailable
>> ./pg_regress: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
>> comments lseg box path timetz point circle reltime tinterval date inet
>> interval timestamp time abstime polygon timestamptz oidjoins
>
> This suggests that you are hitting the per-user limit on the number of
> processes you can have; try raising that limit.
>
> I'd expect one of the tests not to have been run when that message
> appears; did you really get successful matches for all tests?
>
> regards, tom lane

It appears that my ignorance got the better of me.... It was the first time
I had run the regression tests on any PostgreSQL installation. But I think I
am getting the same problems as others. below is the last part of the
regression tests (I had taken the "All 15 tests passed" as a success!)

Let me know if I can be of any assistance in further checking this out

============== running regression test queries ==============
parallel group (13 tests): char int4 boolean name varchar float8 bit text
int2 oid int8 float4 numeric
boolean ... ok
char ... ok
name ... ok
varchar ... ok
text ... ok
int2 ... ok
int4 ... ok
int8 ... ok
oid ... ok
float4 ... ok
float8 ... ok
bit ... ok
numeric ... ok
test strings ... ok
test numerology ... ok
parallel group (20 tests): ./pg_regress: fork: Resource temporarily
unavailable
./pg_regress: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
comments lseg box path timetz point circle reltime tinterval date inet
interval timestamp time abstime polygon timestamptz oidjoins==============
shutting down postmaster ==============

All 15 tests passed.

rm regress.o