Working with foreign key constraints

From: Steve Lane <slane(at)moyergroup(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Working with foreign key constraints
Date: 2002-10-19 19:36:13
Lists: pgsql-general

All:

A couple of quick questions about foreign key constraints.

Any good way to view them in pgsql? A simple \dt will show me indexes, but
no constraints.

I understand that they're implemented with triggers. I've seen varying
accounts of how many. Two? Or three? I'm trying to drop some FK constraints,
with no luck. Dropping the two likely-looking triggers didn't do it -- still
got integrity violations on certain operations.

Any good source of data for this online? Did not find much at
techdocs.postgresql.org, or at least I looked in the wrong place.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Lane

Vice President
The Moyer Group
833 West Chicago Ave Suite 203

Voice: (312) 433-2421 Email: slane(at)moyergroup(dot)com
Fax: (312) 850-3930 Web: http://www.moyergroup.com