Re: Continuent apology to PostgreSQL Community members

From: Eero Teerikorpi <eero(dot)teerikorpi(at)continuent(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Continuent apology to PostgreSQL Community members
Date: 2010-07-31 08:05:47
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert,

Continuent and EnterpriseDB are partners. We support EnterpriseDB edition of the PostgreSQL. And we have few joint customers and prospects, and I would naturally welcome even more collaboration.

As a part of this collaboration effort we have included EnterpriseDB staff on our mailing list to get most up to date information about the Tungsten offerings. This no different from the fact that EnterpriseDB has most of Continuent staff on your mailing list (for example I just received two emails from EnterpriseDB earlier this week).

I am not in position to tell which ones actually have signed up for the mailing and which ones has been added by our marketing team because of our partnership, I can request our marketing to remove all EnterpriseDB staff from our mailing list and ask those who actually would like to see these mailings to re-register.

Regards,

Eero
----
Eero Teerikorpi
CEO, Continuent
Mobile (408) 431 3305

Begin forwarded message:

I don't think there's anything wrong with sending MySQL webinar
invitation to PostgreSQL users. People may not be interested, but
that doesn't make it spam. I do think there's something wrong with
signing people up for your mailing list without asking them and/or
failing to remove them when the so request. What I find interesting
is that I received a webcast invitation from you in my EnterpriseDB
account earlier this week. To my knowledge, I have never subscribed
to ANY mailing list from that account, so I'd like to understand how
you got that address and who asked you to add me. If someone (who?)
at EnterprIseDB provided you with a list of emails and explicitly
authorized you to add those people to your list, fine. If not, you're
probably doing something you shouldn't be. Which is it?

--
Robert Haas
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>