Re: Use of Serial Datatype and Sequence Issue

From: Keary Suska <hierophant(at)pcisys(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Mart=?ISO-8859-1?B?7W4gTWFycXXp?=s <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Use of Serial Datatype and Sequence Issue
Date: 2001-11-06 21:01:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-general

Whoops--my bad--that was an issue with 7.0.3. I don't see that in my last
dump with 7.1.3. Thanks!

On a separate issue, in 7.0.3, the \connect lines would fail because the
passwords for the root user and the database owner are different, so I would
have to dump and reload as root user, otherwise the pg_class updates would
fail. Has this been solved in 7.1.3? I notice that the dump switches between
users depending on the action required. Does this require activating pg_dump
as root user, and doesn't require the database owner password, or are each
prompted when needed?

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.