re logging, how does one cleanup the write ahead and other logs

From: Heitzso <xxh1(at)cdc(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: re logging, how does one cleanup the write ahead and other logs
Date: 2001-10-11 12:57:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

There's the one question which was asked
recently of how does one limit logs, but
another question is how does one cleanup
the logs that accumulate in pg_xlog safely?

If I try to load a gig of data into postgres
with default logging I'll end up with gig+
of logs files in pg_xlog. If I blindly
go in with postmaster down and delete all
of these files postgres complains mightily.

What's the recommended cron/scheduler script
to keep these files from overwhelming the
filesystem?

Thanks,
Heitzso