Re: Perl connection to Postgres?

From: Keary Suska <hierophant(at)pcisys(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Perl connection to Postgres?
Date: 2001-10-01 16:08:18
Lists: pgsql-general

IIRC, compiling --with-perl compiles the provided Perl module for accessing
Postgres, which is not related to DBI, and possibly the Perl procedural
language support. The compile is probably looking for libperl.so, but you
don't don't need it if you are not planning to use either of the above. If
you intend to just use DBI, installing DBI and DBD::Pg is sufficient. You
may have to test the DBD::Pg install to make sure Perl can find the Postgres
loadable object.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.