this is a "If update confirmed, commit, else rollback" question.

From: Raoul Callaghan <tangles(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: this is a "If update confirmed, commit, else rollback" question.
Date: 2001-06-15 11:49:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Can I (as a superuser accessing the same database and tables of standard
users) view any updates conducted by all users, prior to them being
committed?

I want to be able to confirm any changes prior to the changes actually being
committed to the database.

However the time between a standard user making a change and the superuser
actually viewing the proposed changed, could take up to a week.

Any updates are unique. ie: the standard user can only update their own
relevant data, therefore data consistency among users is not an issue.

eg: a Rep of mine is going to be late to an overseas client, so they update
the database, but I don¹t want this to be viewed by others until I
acknowledge the update..

I can see that I¹ll have to create a temporary tables to do this won¹t
I......?

thanx...