pgAgent Steps Not Executed

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAgent Steps Not Executed
Date: 2012-01-15 19:18:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

pgAdmins,

I added a new step to a pgAgent job a couple days ago, but noticed it has not been executing. It is listed under the job's steps in the pgAdmin object browser, as shown in the attached screenshot. However, when I view the properties of the job itself, and select the "Steps" tab, the second step is *not* shown (also shown in the screen shot).

So in one place pgAdmin sees both steps, but in another it does not. I assume that pgagent is using whatever algorithm does not see the second, just like the Steps tab of the job properties.

FWIW, both steps appear for this query:

postgres=# select * from pgagent.pga_jobstep where jstjobid = 1;
-[ RECORD 1 ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jstid | 1
jstjobid | 1
jstname | Liberate Logical
jstdesc |
jstenabled | t
jstkind | b
jstcode | echo "foo"
jstconnstr |
jstdbname |
jstonerror | f
jscnextrun | [null]
-[ RECORD 2 ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jstid | 29
jstjobid | 1
jstname | Liberate Reporting
jstdesc |
jstenabled | t
jstkind | b
jstcode | echo "bar"
jstconnstr |
jstdbname |
jstonerror | f
jscnextrun | [null]

Bug? I’m using pgAgent 3.0.1 built for the pgrpms repo and pgAdmin3 1.14.1 built for Mac OS X.

Thanks,

David