ISSUE after upgrading to POSTGRES 8.4.8

From: "Bansal, Pradeep" <pradeep(dot)bansal(at)hp(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ISSUE after upgrading to POSTGRES 8.4.8
Date: 2013-04-30 06:40:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

I have observed the below issue after upgrading to the above mentioned version of postgress. Any help is very much appreciated:-

ISSUE:-
SEQUENCE STATEMENTS = SELECT nextval('"serial1"')
PQstatus(m_connection) :- CONNECTION OK
PQdb name : RAIDSAPROVDB : server closed the connection unexpectedly
before or while processing the request.

The above error is seen after postgress restart/fresh installation couple of times. While executing the same query thrice and so on it runs as expected.

I am not able to understand that why it is getting failed initially. ???? kindly let me know if this is an existing bug in the postgress or any fix available for the same.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Pradeep Bansal