Re: 775,000 downloads plus

From: "Denis Lussier" <denis(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 775,000 downloads plus
Date: 2005-07-31 02:35:49
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

If PostgreSQL had a native Windoze Installer for the last five years, we'd be the "Most Advanced" AND the "Most Popular" open source database. I think that more than two thirds of the production instances of PostgreSQL will still be *nix and that two thirds (or more) of the downloads will be Microsoftie. I think lots of folks prefer a click-click-finish install if they just want to try something out quickly.

--Luss
www.enterprisedb.com