use of savepoint in containter managed transaction

From: Amar Dhole <adhole(at)tibco(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: use of savepoint in containter managed transaction
Date: 2011-09-23 06:31:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

HI All,

I have requirement to use save point. But I am using session bean whose transaction is managed by container. While executing sql insert I got unique key constraint because of this my other command following this exception got ignored. I want to continue my transaction even after this as we ignore this insert and make an entry in other table for this error. And proceed head. with Postgres this is not possible. I cant user plsql block as behaviour is spread in all my application. Need some suggestion to achieve this with savepoint.

I have some question.
1) Can I use savepoint in Container Managed transaction ?
2) Can I make some custom change to jdbc driver to ignore duplicate key exception or to raise warning instead ERROR.

Thanks
Amar