Firewall setup

From: "Derek Del Conte" <derek(at)gambitdesign(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Firewall setup
Date: 2000-07-04 16:20:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I have a PHP4 + PostgreSQL site that I have been working on for several
weeks now. We're getting ready to put up the production site very shortly.
I would like to keep the database separate from the web server. PostgreSQL
should be located behind the firewall and the web server outside. How do I
work that with the firewall? If I open up the database port does that mean
I put my database at risk? Any ideas?

Derek Del Conte - derek(at)gambitdesign(dot)com

gambitdesign.com provides all of your networking needs.