DatabaseMetaData.getTables()

From: "Mike Cannon-Brookes" <mcannon(at)internet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DatabaseMetaData.getTables()
Date: 2001-03-23 00:37:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm having problems with this method at the moment on one DB.

I get a null pointer at the line... (1707 in the latest src)

tuple[3] = relKind.getBytes(); // table type

tracing it back it seems like this is because the switch statement above
gives a result of 'v' which from reading the comments is a) a VIEW table
type and b) not a valid option? (at least I think not valid, it's a
confusing long comment ;)).

I've patched it locally to add 'v' as a "VIEW" table type and it seems to
now run fine.

What to do?

-mike