Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Joshua D(dot) Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events
Date: 2006-11-28 03:30:23
Lists: pgsql-www

On Nov 27, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> plus a small
>
> The above makes sense, I just don't see the point of the more
> events on
> the page. As much as making it more obvious where to click to see a
> whole page of events.
>
> I would actually like to see "less" as a whole on the front page.

I'm somewhat loath do suggest this, but I think it would be a good
way to deal with this...

What about some kind of flash/javascript magic that will rotate
through multiple events on the front page? Not rotate per page view,
but rotate like every 5 seconds.

If the event listings on the front page were small in size, we could
probably fit 5 or so in the space currently used (sorry, I'm on a
plane right now so I'm going from memory on what the home page looks
like).
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net